Care Instructions for Scaling and Root Planing
If you received anesthesia, do not eat or chew until the numbness has subsided.
Wait two hours after your procedure before eating. Eat only soft foods for the first 48 hours (Ideally, for 72 hours).
- Until healing has occurred, avoid hot spicy foods and alcohol.
- Avoid tobacco products for at least 72 hours.
- On the first night, brush the area lightly with a soft brush.
- Use a mouth rinse after 48 hours.
If you have any discomfort:
- Take a pain reliever before the anesthetic has worn off or as recommended.
- Rinse mouth with warm salt water.
Contact our office if you experience bleeding that continues for more than three days, or if you have any other concerns.