Teeth Whitening At-Home – After CareChicago Beautiful Smiles
TEETH WHITENING AT-HOME
- Total treatment time is usually 2-3 weeks.
- Some cases may take longer, especially if treatment is interrupted.
- Make sure that you brush and floss thoroughly prior to each treatment.
- The bleaching gel can work better if it is in contact with the tooth rather than plaque buildup.
- Mild sensitivity to cold liquids or air may occur; this usually passes a few days after treatment is completed.
- If the sensitivity is severe or persists, discontinue using the gel and contact our office.
- Have your trays dry then put a teardrop-sized drop of bleaching gel into each tooth well.
- Put your trays in and wipe along the gum line (not on the teeth) to remove any gel that may be on your gums.
- If you experience any gum irritation, let us know. Your custom tray my need to be adjusted.
- Do not eat or drink while wearing the trays.
- Brush your teeth following removal of your trays. Cleanse the trays with cold water and a toothbrush. Hot water could melt your trays and they will not fit as well.
- Store your trays in the case. Make sure the trays fit in the case well. When the case is closed, the trays should not become twisted or lose their shape.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- Whitening works best on yellow stained teeth. Gray teeth are more difficult to whiten, or may not respond to treatment. Such cases may require porcelain or composite veneers to achieve the desired result.
- Long term results vary from patient to patient. This can depend on many factors including habits such as coffee, tea, wine, or cola consumption and smoking.
- Keep any gel that you have left over for touch-ups. This could be once a month or every six months. Depending on you habits (smoking, coffee, etc), touch-ups should require only wearing the trays once or twice to bring back the brightness.
- If you have any questions, please call our office at (847)729-6080 or email us at [email protected]